R.I.P. Marin Mazzie

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Marin Mazzie

Post by Mister Tee »

This is indeed crushing news. I was lucky enough to see her in Passion, Ragtime, Next to Normal and Bullets over Broadway; always loved her (though Bullets was a pretty crappy show). As BJ notes, in Normal, she was the replacement, but I didn't feel remotely short-changed by seeing her -- it's hard to imagine anyone being better.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

R.I.P. Marin Mazzie

Post by The Original BJ »

I knew she'd dealt with a bout of cancer, but had no idea it had recurred after her return to the stage a couple years ago.

I was, of course, too young to see Passion in real time, but it was one of those shows that got a video recording that's widely available, so I was lucky enough to see her (and Donna Murphy's) performances in it the next best way.

I WAS around to see her in Next to Normal (opposite her husband, Jason Danieley), and thought she was just as impressive in the part as Alice Ripley, while making it entirely her own.

But it's Mother in Ragtime that Broadway history will best remember her for, specifically one moment -- the ending of "Back to Before" -- against which every actress in that role for all eternity will be judged.

What a sad loss, and at such a young age.

http://www.playbill.com/article/marin-m ... dies-at-57

Return to “The People”