Neil Patrick Harris comes out

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

I knew this was true already because we're twins.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I didn't know and I'm happy. I'll admit I like looking at him (now, not then)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Yes, good for him, and what a terrific role model!

It's not as if he was exactly closeted. Around New York, at least, he was always very open and seen in public with boyfriends. A friend of mine dated him for a little while.

I knew he was gay back when he was on Doogie Howser because I read an interview in which he was asked what kind of music he listened to and instead of Nirvana or Madonna, he replied, "I like show tunes."
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Good for him!

Neil Patrick Harris: I'm Gay

Less than two weeks after a columnist at Canada.com suggested that actor Neil Patrick Harris (still familiarly known to many as Doogie Howser, MD), 33, had offered his "longtime sweetheart" David Burtka a role on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, Harris has come out of the closet.

Canada.com's claim that Harris was involved with a man inspired an alleged denial from Harris' publicist that was published without attribution by ContactMusic.com. They quoted a Harris publicist as saying, "He's not of that persuasion."

Harris was apparently as displeased by the reported statement as many others were. In a statement to People magazine, Harris appeared keen on quashing the reports that he had denied it.

Said Harris: "The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life. Now it seems there is speculation and interest in my private life and relationships. So, rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster

Return to “The People”