R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Post by OscarGuy »

I had always had the impression that Jim Nabors was a raging conservative. Or was that someone else similar to him in that time period?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Does anyone recall those ridiculous rumours decades ago that Jim Nabors & Rock Hudson had gotten married?
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Through my dad, I grew up watching The Andy Griffith Show as long as I can remember, so I definitely remember him from that (although he only appeared in about twenty episodes), if only for the giant contrast between his speaking voice and singing voice that the show got a lot mileage out of in one episode. I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Gomer Pyle, USMC, though. I wonder why it's never had the life in syndication (and now streaming) that The Andy Griffith Show did?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't think I ever watched Gomer Pyle, but I still have my "Jim Nabors 16 Most Requested Songs" CD!
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

I'll add my confessional: I also loved Gomer Pyle as a kid. He very effectively played an adult that kids could relate to.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

When I was in 8th grade, Gomer Pyle USMC was my favorite show, and I loved Jim Nabors.

Judge me all you want.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Post by Big Magilla »

Return to “The People”