R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Postby OscarGuy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:46 am

I had always had the impression that Jim Nabors was a raging conservative. Or was that someone else similar to him in that time period?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Precious Doll
Tenured

Postby Precious Doll » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:35 am

Does anyone recall those ridiculous rumours decades ago that Jim Nabors & Rock Hudson had gotten married?
"I have no interest in all of that. I find that all tabloid stupidity" Woody Allen, The Guardian, 2014, in response to his adopted daughter's allegations.

dws1982
Tenured

Postby dws1982 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:35 am

Through my dad, I grew up watching The Andy Griffith Show as long as I can remember, so I definitely remember him from that (although he only appeared in about twenty episodes), if only for the giant contrast between his speaking voice and singing voice that the show got a lot mileage out of in one episode. I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Gomer Pyle, USMC, though. I wonder why it's never had the life in syndication (and now streaming) that The Andy Griffith Show did?

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 pm

I don't think I ever watched Gomer Pyle, but I still have my "Jim Nabors 16 Most Requested Songs" CD!
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

danfrank
Temp

Postby danfrank » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:05 pm

I'll add my confessional: I also loved Gomer Pyle as a kid. He very effectively played an adult that kids could relate to.

Mister Tee
Laureate

Postby Mister Tee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:57 pm

When I was in 8th grade, Gomer Pyle USMC was my favorite show, and I loved Jim Nabors.

Judge me all you want.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 pm

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

Return to “The People”