Lily Thomlin question

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

paperboy wrote:She's touring Australia at the moment and has spoken about her relationship in several interviews (both on TV and in print).
That's actually why I asked the question because I recalled the controversy with Armistead Maupin being very upset with Lily over her failure to 'come out' around the time of the release of The Celluliod Closet, like she allegedly promised him she would.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Speaking of which, September 1st is her birthday.

(Yay! 2,000th post!)
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

She's touring Australia at the moment and has spoken about her relationship in several interviews (both on TV and in print).
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

Lily never hid her relationship with Jane Wagner, but neither did she explicitly say (in the public media, anyway) that she is gay until the year 2000, when she first used the word "gay" as applied to herself on a cable news program called Gay USA. She's been more open since then.

The name's spelled "Tomlin," by the way
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Has Lily Thomlin ever officially come out or spoken candidly (on TV or in a publication) about her relationship with Jane Wagner?
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”