R.I.P. Bruno Kirby

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Like everyone else, I'm totally shocked by this. You're right, Damien: he's a guy we took so for granted, I couldn't recall the last time I'd seen him -- only to be reminded it was in the stolen-Shrek-doll episode of Entourage just a few weeks back.

I first noticed him in the 70s camp classic The Harrad Experiment (why isn't THAT in DVD?), then as young Clemenza...and of course his extensive work with Bill Crystal. A good guy, from all I've heard, and an actor easy to underrate.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I am so stunned by this loss. He was such an affable presence in film and will be missed.

Edited By Sabin on 1155703762
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I first noticed him when he played Richard Castellano's son on the sit-com The Super. A terrific and talented actor whom most of us pretty much took for granted.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

This is kind of sudden. I didn't even know he was sick. I guess that's why he hasn't been to active the past few years.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

BREAKING NEWS: Actor Bruno Kirby Dead
LOS ANGELES (August 15, 2006) -- Actor Bruno Kirby has died, Access Hollywood has learned.

Kirby, 57, died in Los Angeles on August 14 due to complications from recently diagnosed Leukemia, the actor's agent confirmed to Access.

"We are incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from Bruno's fans and colleagues who have admired and respected his work over the past thirty years. Bruno's spirit will continue to live on not only in his rich body of film and television work but also through the lives of individuals he has touched throughout his life," Bruno's wife, Lynn Sellers, said in a statement released to Access.

Kirby's film credits include "Donnie Brasco," "The Godfather, Part II," "When Harry Met Sally," "City Slickers," and "Good Morning, Vietnam."

Kirby also appeared in a guest spot in this season's "Entourage" as producer Phil Rubenstein in an episode titled "Guys and Dolls."/
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “The People”