R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Mister Tee
Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Postby Mister Tee » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Being a non-Star Wars fan, my affection for Carrie Fisher stems not from childhood attachment; in fact, the first time I saw her was in Shampoo, when I was already 23 years old. But I loved the Fisher of later years: the witty writer, the keen observer. I even, honestly, found her more attractive in those later times, when the mileage began to show on her. I have the feeling if 'd ever met her in person I'd have been fully smitten.

Wishful Drinking is a wonderful piece of writing and performance. And a lasting monument to an indelible personality. Godspeed, lady.

Heksagon
Adjunct

Postby Heksagon » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:45 pm

2016 is making a final push huh :/ And she was only 60 years old.

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:44 pm

“You know what's funny about death? I mean other than absolutely nothing at all? You'd think we could remember finding out we weren't immortal. Sometimes I see children sobbing in airports and I think, 'Aww. They've just been told.'

... But enough about death, I just wanted to get that bummer story out of the way at the beginning of the book because all the rest of my stories are just fun and laughs and skipping!"

― Carrie Fisher, Wishful Drinking
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

anonymous1980
Laureate

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Postby anonymous1980 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Story.

I was hoping against hope she would recover but based on what I read, it certainly didn't look good so this shouldn't have been surprising.

Return to “The People”