R.I.P. Herschell Gordon Lewis

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Herschell Gordon Lewis

Post by Precious Doll »

Ironically 14 film from the Herschell Gordon Lewis catalogue are coming to Blu Ray in October:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Herschell-Gord ... is+blu+ray

I think Arrow are releasing them in the U.S. at the same time but I couldn't find anything on Amazon's U.S. site. So if anyone is interested in his work (an acquired taste) here is your opportunity to indulge. I'm looking for to the set as it will allow me to catch up on some of his films that I haven't seen.

Funnily enough earlier this week I watched an Australian film called Cat Sick Blues which is clearly influenced by Lewis. Extremely gory and pretty much as depraved as a film can be.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Herschell Gordon Lewis

Post by Mister Tee »

Eric would no doubt consider it a deficiency in my record, but I've never even HEARD OF any title on his list; they must not have played anywhere near me. (Considering his heyday was during my high-puberty years, if they'd even played 42nd Street, I'd be familiar with some of the names from the ads.)
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Herschell Gordon Lewis

Post by Precious Doll »

"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”