R.I.P. Jon Polito

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
dws1982
Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Jon Polito

Post by dws1982 »

Polito was the first actor off of Homicide--the official story was that NBC forced the producers to hire a female detective (even though Melissa Leo had been there since day one) but he had reportedly been difficult to work with. He only appeared in something like thirteen episodes (both of the first two seasons were very short), and didn't do much that was memorable. His character was killed offscreen via suicide, which enraged Polito at the time, and in the episode where his body was found, the storyline was that, because it was a suicide, his character was not entitled to an honor guard at his funeral. Andre Braugher's Frank Pembleton, for his own complicated reasons, hadn't gone to the funeral, but when the procession crossed in front of the police station he went out onto the steps in his dress blues and saluted the procession as it went by. One of the most memorable scenes from one of the best TV shows of the 1990's.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Jon Polito

Post by Big Magilla »

Return to “The People”