Best Brad Pitt Performances - Pick the one you think was the best

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.

Best Brad Pitt Performances - Pick the one you think was the best

A River Runs Through It (1992)
7%
Kalifornia (1993)
No votes
Interview with the Vampire (1994)
No votes
Legends of the Fall (1994)
No votes
Seven (1995)
14%
Twelve Monkeys (1995)
21%
Sleepers (1996)
No votes
The Devil's Own (1997)
No votes
Seven Years in Tibet (1997)
No votes
Fight Club (1999)
57%

Total votes: 14

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Thelma and Louise. His best work. Too bad it's not on the list.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Nik
Temp

Post by Nik »

Lousy actor. Since he's only good for one thing - looking hot - I'd have to go with Troy. Oh wait, that's not on the list. Fine. Eeenie, meenie, minnie....Legends of the Fall?
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

Thelma & Louise.
rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

Sonic Youth wrote:I thought he was horrible in Twelve Monkeys. It was Willis who deserved a nom, for the sort of performance that always ends up being unsung.
I couldn't agree more - Pitt's loony, gimmicky performance was nothing next to the hugely underrated work in that movie by Willis and Madeleine Stowe, both of whom were wholly deserving of attention.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Where's Thelma and Louise, my favorite of his work. Twelve Monkeys is overblown but fun, everything else fairly uninteresting (although he is the best thing about Fight Club...not sure if that is a compliment or not).

Tripp
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Looking at this list I am reminded once again that he is such a bland actor.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Does Pitt's romp with Gwenyth Paltrow that led to those Internet photos count as a performance?
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Johnny Suede was a theatrical release. It wasn't a drama either.

Anyway, Johnny Suede's my pick.

I thought he was horrible in Twelve Monkeys. It was Willis who deserved a nom, for the sort of performance that always ends up being unsung.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Where's "None of The Above" or "Who Gives A Sh*t"?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

In the early 1990's, Brad Pitt was seen on the big screen as a minister's son in A River Runs Through It, a studly guy who catches Geena Davis' eye in Thelma & Louise and as a sociopathic killer in Kalifornia. In addition to those films, he starred in made-for-TV dramas like Johnny Suede and Too Young to Die. By 1994, Pitt had surfaced as a rising star to watch. That year he was seen in Interview with the Vampire, an adaptation of the popular Anne Rice story about a young man whose life miseries are traded in for an eternity of suffering through the empty promises of the vampire Lestat. Then he starred in Legends of the Fall, a Western epic that uses the backdrop of WWI and prohibition to tell the story of a love three brothers have for the enchanting woman that comes into their lives.

The following year saw Pitt in two distinctly different and impressive films. One was the eerily atmospheric, rain-drenched David Fincher mystery/police detective drama Seven, co-starring Morgan Freeman and real-life girlfriend-at-the-time Gwyneth Paltrow. The other was the wildly inventive futuristic time-twister 12 Monkeys, directed by Terry Gilliam and starring Bruce Willis. For his efforts in the Gilliam picture, portraying a lunatic son of a virologist who has a deranged plot in the works, he received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

Following a string of successful dramatic roles, including Sleepers, Seven Years in Tibet and The Devil's Own, Pitt was featured in the overblown Meet Joe Black, a three-hour remake of "Death Takes a Holiday." In it, he plays the cipher role of Death, trading in dramatic chops for a purely looks-driven vehicle. The film was a flop. Over the next several years, he seemed to turn more towards entertaining, but largely unrewarding roles in movies like Ocean's Eleven and (the dull) The Mexican.

Despite his recent film choices, he has shown in the past he is capable of solid acting. My hope is that he will return to the promise of his earlier roles.

Here's your chance to choose the Brad Pitt performance you thought was the best.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021

Return to “The People”