R.I.P. Patty Duke

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Patty Duke

Post by Big Magilla »

Only John Gavin seems to be fully retired. William Daniels' last IMDb. credit was in 2015, Schallert's in 2014 and Nolan's in 2008.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I believe Asner's still on the SAG board, so I know he's still active.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Former SAG president Patty Duke died less than a week after sitting president Ken Howard who was succeeded by Gabrielle Carteris. A few other former SAG presidents are getting up there in age including 93-year-old William Schallert who played Duke's father on The Patty Duke Show. Others include 88-year-old William Daniels, 86-year-old Ed Asner, 84-year-old John Gavin and 82-year-old Kathy Nolan.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

I remember she starred in a TV movie Call Me Anna based on her autobiography (her real name is Anna Marie Duke) where she recounted her struggle with bipolar disorder. It must have taken a great deal of courage to do that.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Donald Trump is 69.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Alan Rickman, David Bowie, now Patty Duke. 69 is proving to be quite an unlucky number for movie stars this year.

My favorite Patty Duke performance was in Captains and the Kings, the 1976 mini-series for which she won her second Emmy. My favorite Patty Duke film, aside from The Miracle Worker of course, was 1969's Me, Natalie.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Great in The Miracle Worker. By all reputation a stand-up human being. And anyone my age can sing the theme song from her TV show without prompting ("But Patty likes to rock and roll, A hot dog makes her lose control -- What a wild duet!").
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

Neely!!!
anonymous1980
Laureate

R.I.P. Patty Duke

Post by anonymous1980 »

Return to “The People”