R.I.P. Ken Howard

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
flipp525
Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Ken Howard

Post by flipp525 »

The year that Ken Howard was nominated for (and won) an Emmy for his supporting turn in HBO's Grey Gardens, I was sort of hoping that Daniel Baldwin would get one instead for playing my great-grandfather in the same film just for the personal novelty factor. But Howard really was perfect in that and the award was a nice honor for him later in life.

I watched a ton of "White Shadow" reruns while I was in college and was first introduced to him through that show. I'm not familiar at all with his Broadway work, but it sounds like he had a nice run there too.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Ken Howard

Post by Big Magilla »

I would have posted this if I had seen it.

I always liked Ken Howard, but over 25 years ago I thought his career was pretty much over when he played the husband of Jean Simmons, 14 years his senior, on an episode of Murder, She Wrote. Happily I was wrong but he hadn''t looked good in quite a while, having had a kidney transplant a few years ago.

He shared a birthday with my father, which he would have been celebrating four days from now.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

R.I.P. Ken Howard

Post by Mister Tee »

Surprised nobody posted this previously.

Ken Howard had a great Broadway run in 1968-70 -- a featured performer in Promises! Promises!, Thomas Jefferson in 1776, then his well-deserved Tony for his performance in Child's Play (the only one of the three where I saw him). He moved on to TV mostly, and of course has for years been the face of SAG-AFTRA. By all accounts a good guy, and an actor it's too easy to underestimate.

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/ken-ho ... 201737727/

Return to “The People”