Dorothy Kilgallen's Passing: 50th Anniversary

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Eenusch
Graduate

Re: Dorothy Kilgallen's Passing: 50th Anniversary

Post by Eenusch »

Are there any chinless actresses out there who could play DK in a movie?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Dorothy Kilgallen's Passing: 50th Anniversary

Post by Big Magilla »

She was an alcoholic and a barbiturates abuser so her death was more than likely an accident despite rumors to the contrary.

She was a crime reporter before she was a Broadway columnist and a long-time conspiracy theorist. She may well have thought the government was out to get her, which could have raised her anxiety levels causing her to take more sleeping pills than she would normally have done. What I'd like to know is where she got the Warren Commission Report from. What's My Line host John Charles Daly was married to Earl Warren's daughter but he and Kilgallen supposedly hated one another so it's unlikely he or his wife was the source.

Still, I'm surprised no one has yet attempted a film or TV series based on Kilgallen's colorful life and mysterious death.
CalWilliam
Temp

Dorothy Kilgallen's Passing: 50th Anniversary

Post by CalWilliam »

I love What's my Line? and I realized that today, fifty years ago, Dorothy Kilgallen died. Due to this ephemeris, I'd be interested in reading your impressions about this remarkable woman, for I'm not that familiar with her.

http://midtod.com/new/articles/7_14_07_Dorothy.html
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas

Return to “The People”