R.I.P. Vera Pap

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Vera Pap

Post by Precious Doll »

I stumbled across the relatively recent passing of Vera Pap on imdb whilst looking at her profile. Anyone old enough to be around in the late 70's would probably know her as title character in that brilliant Hungarian film from 1979 Angi Vera (for which a DVD/Blu Ray release is long overdue).

Here is an obituary on her from an unknown Hungarian source (note the translation is a little of of whack):

9 April 2015

Vera Pap Death

After the age of 59, with dignity and patience wore Vera Pap, who died a long illness, the leading actress of the Comedy Theatre, Kossuth and Jászai Mari-winner, and is worth a great artist.

"When the curtain goes up, you have to stand up and play, no fairy tale! At times I have to leave the locker room with all my misery, all the pain out there and I need to do my job on stage. The most difficult situations I have to be there every fiber of my body I have to be present. "- Said in a 2014 interview.

Born in Budapest. In her childhood he wanted to be a clown. Her father took him to the circus where the clowns impressed with the number "because it made me laugh, but I also felt that my heart összefacsarodik. I thought, what a great gift for a man, you can do this all his life. "

"Why I became an actor? As a child, there were directing ambitions - to lead the governing spent in kindergarten, I decided to go to the sandbox or a doll house. Then slowly outgrown it - of course, to be able to Kobanya where we lived, I was a very long pre-school, because my father had to work a lot because my mom died when I was one year old ... "

"My dad would not let me go to the artistaképzőbe, insisted that before I get leérettségizzek and profession. Veszprém chemical trade school entrance exam. I remember we got off the bus, the wind blew a glass splinter in the eye. We went straight to the hospital, where I received a great bond, and they wrote the essay. The haste forgot to fill out a paper, so I did not request dormitory placement. A few weeks later I received the notification that was admitted, but can not guarantee college. Since we were very poor, the apartment was out of the question, so I escaped. The good Lord intervened and did not have to study chemical engineering. I graduated from the Kőbánya László Grammar School and then I applied to the Theatre Academy, where I was hired. "

After graduating from the Academy of Drama and Film in Budapest in 1979 she contracted the Comedy Theatre, and since then, 36 years ago was a loyal member of the company without interruption.

The college taught Stephen Croatia and Kapás Dezso Zoltan Varkonyi called the Comedy Theatre, where Kapás directed by Desi received his first starring role. Third year age played a very successful piece of Ferenc Molnár's The glass shoe was starring role, Irma.

Later, a legendary performances are attached to her name as A Midsummer Night's Dream Hermia, Kornis Kozmájának Hedin, the Uri Muri Rozikája, Amadeus Constanta, headed by Endre Potted Margaret marriage title role of Leonce and Lena Lena, the Györgyike dear child Györgyikéje, the Crucible Proktornéja, Yvette in Mother Courage-je, the revizor Polgármesternéje, Eve Tragedy of Man, August: Osage County and the Mikve the main role.

In addition to theater credits include more than 40 film and television play an outstanding forming. She received her first starring role during the years of high school film directed by Gabor Pal in Angi Vera. Therefore, for the role in 1980 at the Chicago Film Festival won the Best Actress Award in 1981 David di Donatello is a fee, which throughout her life she was very proud of. In a short time, not only in our country but also beyond the borders of the country turned their attention to talent, gentle charm suggestive dramatic power.

After Angi Vera has received numerous film roles, she played down the team's ass !, The anonymous Castle, the Vulture, the Lord God, or even wreck your movie creations as well.

Vera Pap was a great talent, a significant artist. Alakításaiból being broadcast at a time of delicate, lyrical and grotesque side. Diligence, acting humility, humor and unique ability to tragic eljátszhatta thanks to the great roles in dramatic literature. It was one of the truest színésznőinknek, knew a lot about the outcasts, the losers, the miserable fate of passion about, about rebellion. More role also proved how much can peremlét the dark labyrinth of the human vulnerability and thought herself an acting master unit. The loser is memorable characters in shaping because they were never emotional, they always had some kind of special, crude, humor is not absolution; maybe the losers offensive humor, which he courageously and relentlessly undertaken.

During her illness he played almost without interruption: "Incredibly great strength received from the spectators, colleagues, and very enthusiastic about what I can do. I have proven myself. "Even in the autumn of 2014 also played a major role Mikve, and without trying to lecture entitled Veil, which was premiered in October. Megkönnyezték poignant conversion of the viewers and colleagues.

8 February 2015, on Sunday, the last time on stage.

"The man from actor to looking for ways to play off of herself when her soul."

One of the biggest Hungarian actress mourns the Comedy Theatre troupe.

Vera Pap as the Comedy of their own dead.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”