The Alamo in New York

ksrymy
Adjunct

Re: The Alamo in New York

Post by ksrymy »

An Alamo is opening in KC and my coworker and I have never been so excited.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Re: The Alamo in New York

Post by Sonic Youth »

Big Magilla wrote:
and will uphold its famously strict no-talking policy.
Heaven.

And let's not forget what made the Drafthouse nationally famous:

http://youtu.be/1L3eeC2lJZs
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

The Alamo in New York

Post by Big Magilla »

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

Alamo Drafthouse Goes to New York!

Posted Thursday, April 5th, 2012 - 1 Comment »

First Alamo Location In New York City Slated For Upper West Side

AUSTIN, Texas, April 5, 2012 — Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is pleased to unveil its plans for its first location in New York. The five-screen Manhattan-area theater will be owned and operated by Alamo Drafthouse and located on the Upper West Side, occupying the former Metro Theater at 2626 Broadway.

“My often-stated top priority for the Alamo Drafthouse has been to open a venue in New York,” said Alamo founder and CEO Tim League. “When we discovered the availability of the historic Metro theater, we immediately knew we had found the perfect location for our new Manhattan home.”

The venue will feature five screens of new releases, repertory programming and the Alamo’s unique signature programming. Like all Alamo Drafthouse theaters, the Alamo Drafthouse at the Metro will provide food and drink service to your seat and will uphold its famously strict no-talking policy. The new theater is currently scheduled to open in 2013.

Alamo Drafthouse is now accepting applications for managers, kitchen staff, creative programmers, bartenders and waiters for the upcoming Manhattan theater. Employment applications can be downloaded at www.drafthouse.com/about/employment

For developments on Alamo Drafthouse at the Metro, follow us on Twitter @drafthouse and Facebook.com/AlamoDrafthouse.

About Alamo Drafthouse

The Alamo Drafthouse is a lifestyle entertainment brand with an acclaimed cinema-eatery, the largest genre film festival in the United States and a collectible art store. Named “the best theater ever” by Time Magazine, the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has built a reputation as a movie lover’s oasis not only by combining food and drink service with the movie-going experience, but also introducing unique programming and high-profile, star studded special events. Alamo Drafthouse Founder & CEO, Tim League, created Fantastic Fest, a world renowned film festival dubbed “The Geek Telluride” by Variety. Fantastic Fest showcases eight days of offbeat cinema from independents, international filmmakers and major Hollywood studios. The Alamo Drafthouse’s collectible art boutique, Mondo, offers breathtaking, original products featuring designs from world-famous artists based on licenses for popular TV and Movie properties including Star Wars, Star Trek & Universal Monsters. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is expanding its brand in new and exciting ways, including the launch of Drafthouse Films, a new film distribution label and plans to extend its theaters and unique programming philosophy to additional markets across the United States. More information about Alamo Drafthouse franchise opportunities are available on the official website http://drafthouse.com/.

1 Comment »

One Response to “Alamo Drafthouse Goes to New York!”

Johnnie says:

April 5, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I love love love the Alamo Drafthouse concept. I love what Tim League is all about. I love it.

However, that theater is Broadway and 99th.

That’s an uptown dead zone. I was hoping they could find a cooler, more trafficked spot. The whole concept feels so East Village or even Brooklyn.

Return to “Other Film Discussions”