2011 Additons to National Film Registry

anonymous1980
Laureate

Re: 2011 Additons to National Film Registry

Post by anonymous1980 »

Reza wrote:
Damien wrote:Once again, one of the most iconic of all American movies doesn't make the list. Breakfast At Tiffany's is left on the wayside. I don't know who votes on these things but what a confederacy of dunces. One doesn't even have to like Tiffany's but it's impossible to deny it's place in popular culture.
Damien how do you feel about Mickey Rooney in this film? I find his presence to be extremely jarring and it always ruins my overall impression of this, otherwise, great film.
I asked this question to Damien before. Sadly, Damien didn't get around to answering this one this time around but I could remember his answer to me when I asked it.

The crazy, offensive Mickey Rooney character serves as a way to emphasize that even in a world where this character exists, it's still possible for two people to find love and happiness.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Damien wrote:Once again, one of the most iconic of all American movies doesn't make the list. Breakfast At Tiffany's is left on the wayside. I don't know who votes on these things but what a confederacy of dunces. One doesn't even have to like Tiffany's but it's impossible to deny it's place in popular culture.
Damien how do you feel about Mickey Rooney in this film? I find his presence to be extremely jarring and it always ruins my overall impression of this, otherwise, great film.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Once again, one of the most iconic of all American movies doesn't make the list. Breakfast At Tiffany's is left on the wayside. I don't know who votes on these things but what a confederacy of dunces. One doesn't even have to like Tiffany's but it's impossible to deny it's place in popular culture.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

2011 Additons to National Film Registry

Post by Big Magilla »

Return to “Other Film Discussions”