Last Seen Movie - The Latest Movie You Have Seen; ratings

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't care what anyone has to say about anything, and there are certainly enough forums on this board to express one's self on any topic whatsoever. There is no reason to go and on about something once the point has been made.

This thread has been going strong since October, 2008. It has 213 pages of comments all related to films.

The two posts I deleted were nothing to start World War III over.

The first reiterated that Obama won the Pulitzer Prize in spite of his stand on the death penalty. The second complained about the first one having gone missing.

The thread is tainted. Who feels like making a comment on something they've seen, now? Nobody.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I think a couple of your posts have been eradicated.

It seems to me that if there's a movie about a death sentence being carried out, it's just part of the natural flow that the discussion would turn to capital punishment. It's not hijacking a thread, it's simply the route conversations take.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

No one's censoring you, but this discussion DOES need to move to a different thread. I've opened a new topic here:

http://uaadb.oscarguy.com/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=53;t=12850

If you have anything further to say on the matter or wish to re-post your previous comment on the subject, please do so here.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

It happens to lots of threads. But I am censored only because Big Magilla doesn't like what I'm saying (two posts I wrote have been canceled).
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Another thread hijacked.

I don't think anyone here is for the death penalty, but if anyone has anything further to say about it maybe we should open a thread in current events or some place more fitting.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Sonic Youth wrote:Our beloved Barack Obama - The World's President - is pro-death penalty.
Nobel Peace Prize indeed :angry:
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

ITALIANO wrote:I hope he never said it openly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcl-T0P7xYU

http://www.boston.com/news....ea.html

But you have to give him credit. If you're going to be pro-death penalty, that's a savvy issue to base it upon, politically speaking. You don't want to be the candidate labelled as pro-child rape, do you?

Edited By Sonic Youth on 1268843488
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

I hope he never said it openly.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Our beloved Barack Obama - The World's President - is pro-death penalty.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Damien wrote:And it doesn't matter that in the United States state-sponsored murder is used only for "the most heinous" crimes, and not for adultery, homosexuality, blasphemy, etc.
Exactly, it's not about the crime - it's the idea of death penalty in itself that we should condemn. Italy - which can be quite barbaric in other ways - canceled death penalty in 1889, but then of course Mussolini made it legal again, so it was only after the end of the Fascist regime that the Italian Constitution clearly stated that death penalty should never be applied.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Any country that still has the death penalty is a barbaric country. And it doesn't matter that in the United States state-sponsored murder is used only for "the most heinous" crimes, and not for adultery, homosexuality, blasphemy, etc. Lethal injection allows Americans to feel they are more civilized than people in countries where capital punishment is carried out in forms dating back to ancient times, but they're kidding themselves -- America is a barbaric country.
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Yes, I know, Big Magilla, injection is more "polite" - American style. But otherwise I don't see a much more civilized culture than the one we rightly condemn.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

ITALIANO wrote:And honestly, maybe it's me, but I don't see such big difference between death by stoning and by injection.

With legal injection it's over quickly unlike stoning which after hours of merciless torture the cruel husband gets to say "The bitch is still alive! Stone her! Stone her!"

Edited By Big Magilla on 1268791167
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The option of electric chair, hanging, etc. is reserved for the prisoner to choose, I believe.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Big Magilla wrote:If you're referring to the U.S., "the electric chair" hasn't been used since 1976.

Ah, in the Middle Age then!!!

Anyway, I think electric chair is still an optional form of execution in some US states. And honestly, maybe it's me, but I don't see such big difference between death by stoning and by injection.

Edited By ITALIANO on 1268777120

Return to “Other Film Discussions”