National Film Registry: 2009

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

There is a whole list of non-registry films on their website, which is most interesting that they keep track of that stuff.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It's about time Mrs. Miniver made the list. Artistically it's not the greatest, wasn't even back in 1942 but it is a cultural milestone that FDR persuaded Louis B. Mayer to release ahead of schedule to spur American sympathies for the war in Europe, which it did.

The central conceit is that the British family is so Americanized the film could have taken place in Iowa. In fact, it might be ripe for a Tarantino quasi-remake set in Iowa in which the Nazis invade the cornfields.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

When oh when are they going to recognize the iconography of Breakfast At Tiffany's?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I have my post on it linked below.

http://www.oscarguy.com/2009....on-list
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Film Discussions”