Just saw a pretty good movie - Does anyone know about this actor?

rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

I'm pretty sure I heard a rumour a couple of years back that Gary Grimes is now a teacher.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Interesting question.

Gary Grimes seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth while his Summer of '42 co-stars, Jennifer O'Neil and Jerry Houser continue to get work.

His acting career basically ended in 1976 with three minor credits thereafter.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I discovered a free video of the 1974 movie The Spikes Gang, starring Lee Marvin and Ron Howard. It was quite entertaining. There's a young actor in it by the name of Gary Grimes, who also starred in Summer of '42 (1971), Class of '44 (1973) and Cahill, U.S. Marshall (1973).

IMDB and Wikipedia offer very little info on him, other than his credits and his uncle Rudy Solari.

Apparently he stopped acting in 1991, the same year his uncle past away. Does anyone know what happened to him? He was very good in the movie and he seemed headed for a big career, but after a few TV stints he basically disappeared.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021

Return to “Other Film Discussions”