Question No. 1

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I will probably be done with my research this week, which includes extracting the birth and death dates of all Oscar nominees and winners. Unfortunately, that means I may still be a ways away from having this kind of data at finger-tip's reach.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

rain Bard wrote:Oh, I just answered the youngest winner. I'm not sure who was the youngest nominee ever. I may tackle that bit of research soon if I have the time.
i would be extremely thankful, since i am too lazy to do the same :D
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

Oh, I just answered the youngest winner. I'm not sure who was the youngest nominee ever. I may tackle that bit of research soon if I have the time.
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

You could say it was George Harrison, the youngest of the Beatles, who won as a group in 1971 for Let It Be. Harrison was just over 28 years old at the time. However, the category the Beatles won was actually the Original Song Score category.

A more precise answer is Marvin Hamlisch, who in 1974 was two months shy of his 30th birthday when he won his hat trick of three Oscars in a single night: Original Score, (the Way We Were) Original Song ("the Way We Were") and Original Song Score and Adaptation (the Sting).

The only other composer to have won a scoring Oscar by his thirtieth birthday is Andre Previn, who in 1959 won the Scoring of a Musical Picture award for Gigi on the day he turned 30.
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

I wonder... How old was the youngest guy ever nominated for Best Original Score (not song)? Does anyone know that? :)

Return to “Other Film Discussions”