The Charlize/Lee Project

HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

The Preacher's Son is the song I associate the most with Dusty.

Ang Lee is no longer related to the project, he is going to shoot "Lust, Caution" back in China. Kate Moss was never confirmed and I heard that Charlize declined the role, so it might be the same project.
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't know if she did either, but Downtown is not only Petula Clark's signature song, it was written for her by Tony Hatch. You Don't Have to Say You Love Me is the song most associated with Dusty.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hustler wrote:And multi-talented Charlize is set to sing classics such as Downtown herself!
I don't know if Dusty recorded "Downtown," but I know it was Petula Clark who had the hit with the song.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Charlize to do a 'Reese'

By NADIA BROOKS
Sun Online

CHARLIZE Theron is being lined up to star in a film about sixties singing legend Dusty Springfield.

And multi-talented Charlize is set to sing classics such as Downtown herself!

Charlize, who won the Best Actress Oscar two years ago for her role in Monster, is set to do what this year’s winner Reese Witherspoon has done and sing on screen.

Charlize plans to wow audiences with her vocal talents as well as her acting abilities.

The South African-born actress told a Hollywood source: "I think it’s important to sing the songs myself."

The LA source said Charlize was currently having voice-coaching to make sure she gets Dusty’s voice down to a tee.

Hollywood is buzzing with talk that Brokeback Mountain director Ang Lee will work on the biopic with Charlize later this year.

Kate Moss is rumoured to be taking her first movie role in the flick.

After that, I haven´t heard anything related to that project. Is this the same who´ll be directed by Jessica Sharzer and lead by Kristin Chenoweth?

Return to “Other Film Discussions”