Un chant d'amour
Tropical Malady
Female Trouble
Pink Narcissus
Mulholland Drive
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

anonymous wrote:I also purposefully did not vote for Brokeback Mountain for the same reasons you didn't, Penelope.

I too didn't vote for BM, but mostly because I think it's a mediocre film. But we've been here before.

Fox and His Friends is a great choice, tho.

Edited By Eric on 1218479932
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I decided to go with:

Mysterious Skin (2004)

Johnny Eager (1942)

Adventures of Felix (2000)

Fox and His Friends (1975)

A Love to Hide (2005)

...not because I think they're collectively the "best" but because I have a strong emotional attachment to these films.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I need to give Happy Together another try; the one time I tried watching it, I was bored out of my mind and gave up after 20 minutes; but I've heard so many great things about it...I probably wasn't in the mood that night.

My top 300 list has the following listed:

Wonder Boys
Victor/Victoria
Battleship Potemkin
Midnight Cowboy
Brokeback Mountain
Gods and Monsters
C.R.A.Z.Y.
Cabaret
Wild Reeds
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Beau Travail

But I'm not sure these are the ones I want to vote for....
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I voted for:

Bad Education
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros
Happy Together
Wild Reeds

I also purposefully did not vote for Brokeback Mountain for the same reasons you didn't, Penelope.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

AfterElton, the website that covers media representation of gay men, is polling their readers to determine the 50 Greatest Gay Movies of All Time. Each person can select 5 different films; ballot stuffing (a ballot listing a film more than once) is not permitted, and only 1 ballot per IP address; vote here.

I'm still not sure what movies I'm going to vote for...as I suspect Brokeback Mountain will make a strong showing without my participation, anyway, I'll probably support more obscure titles (well, for the mainstream) such as C.R.A.Z.Y., Adventures of Felix, etc.

Return to “Other Film Discussions”