Downsizing - a short film by David Neumayer

Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I don't think I'll meet my deadline as it is well past March 16th. I only have 1/4th of what I need shot.

UPDATE:

We shot a scene using only bit players on the 16th. It went well and only took two hours. The lead playing the target, Max, is going through some family troubles and must attend to those before shooting continues. Any dates and deadlines will be postponed until further notice.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

We got a few shots in last night. It went better than I had anticipated. I worked on some music on Saturday that I might use for the soundtrack; a atmospheric, mood-setting score. A March 16th wrap is still in sight.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Well, filming didn't happen tonight, but all is well. I went through the script with a few of the actors to discuss location, wardrobe, and blocking. I also set the camcorder up, at several spots at different angles and distances, in the area to get a good idea of what I'll be dealing with. We're going to clean-up our spot to make it look presentable for the scene and shoot tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to shoot on Sunday too.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Good Luck! Maybe you can chalk up the last few days on this board as research.

Edited By Greg on 1204944715
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Good luck, David, though I'm not sure I want to see something about a killer with a chronic anxiety disorder right now.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Good luck!
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Good luck, David. Cool plot!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Some of you may remember a screenplay I mentioned a few days ago. I am going to start shooting it today and throughout the weekend, and hopefully wrap up on the 16th of this month. (I'd perfer to use the term "shooting" since I'll be using an HDD camcorder and no film) If everything goes according to plan I should have it edited by the 21st. Afterwards there will be a private screening for the cast, crew, family followed by an online release. I will be posting updates of production throughout the next few weeks until its completetion.

to sum up:

-screenplay: (completed)
-shooting begins: March 7th
-shooting wraps: March 16th
-post production: March 17th - 21st
-private screening: March 22nd
-online release: March 23rd

Downsizing written by David Neumayer

Alex is a hired killer with chronic anxiety disorder and he has just received a new order to kill a raising floor manager from a local firm. Everything runs smoothely until Alex's condition gets in the way of work for the last time.

Edited By Zahveed on 1204915273

Return to “Other Film Discussions”