Funniest scenes in films - Just the scene --not the whole picture

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

paperboy wrote:Any scene that features Jennifer Coolidge in Best in Show and A Mighty Wind.

Did you see Coolidge on the season premiere of nip/tuck as an actress on the “show-within-the-show” Hearts and Scalpels, playing a woman whose having part of her vagina grafted onto her lips? Hilarious. That woman doesn’t even have to try to be funny.

Edited By flipp525 on 1195658976
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

Parker Posey's deleted scene from Waiting For Guffman: "Who's on top and who's on bottom now?"

Any scene that features Jennifer Coolidge in Best in Show and A Mighty Wind.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

1. Dustin Hoffman´s speech in his last soap opera´s episode (Tootsie)
2. Sally Kellerman´s orgasm in MASH
3. Margaret Rutherford drunk in tHE VIPS
4. The scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, in which the groom´s parents arrive to Toula´s house.
5. all the stuff with Fogell´s fake ID credential in Superbad.

Edited By Hustler on 1195620880
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Damien wrote:Traditionally in Europe the salad was served after the entree, but in restaurants at least it is now offered as an appetizer.
Anybody mentioning a salad immediately brings to my mind the hilarious restaurant scene with the cockroach in the salad in Blake Edward's Victor/Victoria.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Ah, the Americanization of Europe. Maybe next the French will import Giuliani to re-disgn Paris to look like Kansas City the way he did New York.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Traditionally in Europe the salad was served after the entree, but in restaurants at least it is now offered as an appetizer.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Greg wrote:An interesting point I ntoiced, is that the salad was served between the entre and the dessert. I wonder if this is common practice in Europe.
In my experience, salad is served before the entree, with dinner, AS dinner, or after the entree. We tend to serve it WITH dinner, but in most restaurants I have seen it served before the entree. After the entree, it would be served " to cleanse the palate".
Emily Post is not dead.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Cary Grant, Asta and the hat in The Awful Truth.

Marie Dressler's double take at the end of Dinner at Eight.

Billie Burke's nervous breakdown in the same film.

Groucho and the mirror in Duck Soup.

The chairs being raised and lowered in the climactic scene of Auntie Mame.

Pompous Spring Byington learning the baby she thought was Irene Dunne's illegitimate child is her own grandchild in Theodora Goes Wild.

The baby mix-up in Christmas in Connecticut.

Joe E. Brown's last line in Some Like It Hot.
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Since I have The Graduate on the brain:

"You'll pardon me if I don't shake hands with you! I think you're filth! I think you're scum! You're a degenerate!"

"Benjamin, this all sounds a little half-baked."
"Oh no sir. It's fully baked."

EDIT (this could go on forever): "I think you're the most attractive of all my parents' friends."

Dustin talking with Anne from the pay phone in the hotel while she is a few feet away in the bar.

"Are you here for an affair, Sir?"
"What?!"

Edited By kaytodd on 1195582820
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Another funny scene I remember is the restaurant scene in Victor/Victoria. An interesting point I ntoiced, is that the salad was served between the entre and the dessert. I wonder if this is common practice in Europe.
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

The scene in The Graduate right after Anne Bancroft makes her first attempt to seduce Dustin Hoffman. She is naked and has him trapped in her daughter's bedroom. They hear Mr. Robinson's car pull up to the house. Dustin runs downstairs and tries quite unsuccessfully to be calm as Mr. Robinson (wonderful performance by Murray Hamilton, who died way too young at 63) makes small talk in the den. Things get worse for Dustin when Anne calmly strolls into the room and lights a cigarette.

Charlie Chaplin in Modern Times, trying to bring an obnoxious customer a tray of food across a crowded dance floor.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Precious Doll wrote:Divine trashes the family Christmas tree in protest of not receiving a pair of cha cha heels in ‘Female Trouble’.
And, in the deleted scene from Christmas Eve, "You've turned our silent night into a hellious one."

Practically any given moment from both Female Trouble and Desperate Living qualifies here. One particularly great scene from the latter is Grizelda killing Mink Stole's husband by sitting on his face.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Anna Faris badly singing ‘Nobody Does It Better’ in ‘Lost in Translation’.

Oh, and Anna Faris marvelously satirizing the Britney/Paris crowd in Just Friends, especially her hilarious rendition of "Forgiveness."
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Aceisgreat
Temp

Post by Aceisgreat »

Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor fighting in "California Suite."

Ingrid Bergman dancing in "Cactus Flower."

Maggie Smith giggling uncontrollably in "Gosford Park."

Sigourney Weaver singing "Back In U.S.S.R." in "Heartbreakers."

Danny DeVito getting a wrong number in "Ruthless People."

"Knock knock." "Who's there?" "Go fuck yourselves."
"I can't stand a naked light bulb any more than I can a rude remark or a vulgar action." -- Blanche DuBois
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Here are some that come to mind:

Divine trashes the family Christmas tree in protest of not receiving a pair of cha cha heels in ‘Female Trouble’.

The sister of Woody Allen in ‘Crimes and Misdemeanours’ revelation to him of a disastrous blind date that she had recently been on.

Candy Clark wetting herself in shock at David Bowie’s transformation in ‘The Man Who Fell to Earth’.

Tsilla Chelton as ‘Tatie Danielle’ deliberately wetting herself in front of guests at a dinner party to deliberately embarrass her upwardly mobile relatives.

Pat Ast & Sylvia Miles trade barbs over Joe Dallesandro in ‘Heat’.

Dorothy Malone fondling a miniature model of an oil rig just after a final goodbye to Rock Hudson (the object of her obsession) in ‘Written on the Wind’.

Michael Caine explaining to Nicolas Cage what a ‘camel toe’ is in ‘The Weather Man’.

Richard Griffiths attempted seduction of Paul McGann in ‘Withnail and I’.

Michael Sklar trying to talk Holly Woodlawn into giving him her silver shoes, for which he will grant her welfare approval in ‘Trash’.

Even scene with Piper Laurie in ‘Carrie’ prior to Sissy Spacek’s blooded return from the prom.

Angie Dickinson discovering that the man she picked up in the museum has a letter in his desk draw from a health institution advising him that he has V.D. in ‘Dressed to Kill’.

Anna Faris badly singing ‘Nobody Does It Better’ in ‘Lost in Translation’.

Robert De Niro and Sandra Bernhard arguing over the recently captured Jerry Lewis in ‘The King of Comedy’.

Mink Stole seduces Divine on a church pew using rosary beads in ‘Multiple Maniacs’.

Victoria Davis forces Heather Matarazzo to defecate in front of her in 'Welcome to the Dollhouse'.

Edited By Precious Doll on 1195545890
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “Other Film Discussions”