OscarGuy's Nomination Elimination Game

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Good Luck. And let the game begin.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

OscarGuy wrote:Now, I had planned on re-ordering the participants every year, but I can also do it after half of the year's nominations have been replaced. What do you guys think?
No opinion at this time.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

You can sign up after the game has started, but you'll be placed at the end of the rotation until a new year begins.

When I get home this evening, I will use those random number generators I have to randomly select our first year and also randomly order the first Turn Order.

Now, I had planned on re-ordering the participants every year, but I can also do it after half of the year's nominations have been replaced. What do you guys think?

In the Results page, I will post all of the selected year's nominees and you'll be able to look at it as reference before picking your choice. I'll probably close this thread and start a new one for posting your choices once the game begins. That way I can go over the rules in specific, give you the link to the thread and that should hopefully make it easier to find what you need by looking at the very first post.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Oh, what the hell. Sign me in too.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Okay.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Fine.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Yes.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Sure.

The other game is WAY addicting.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

count me in
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

BUMP

I would like to get this started. Please post a confirmation message if you are going to be playing.
Wesley Lovell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Well, with my newest idea, there's no "Tossing" to the next person. Each person in order gets to Replace, Preserve or Rescue as they see fit.
Wesley Lovell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

That would pretty much throw the old strategy from the other game out the window and open a new, more cautious strategy. What if you trust the person's choices you're passing it to but the person following him makes decisions you just can't stand. The former has a serious incident to attend to and the latter makes the choice the baton-passer didn't want. The possibilities, the upsets... this could be very good if we mixed the two ideas together.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

How about if you don't respond in 24 hours, it goes to the next person, but you get the next question. If don't respond to that you get a third chance for a total of 72 hours?
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I guess, to speed things up, we could split participants into teams or groups. There will be a general order in who in the group goes next but if the person doesn't respond in a timely manner then a team-member can take their turn. Hm?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I like it.

OK, so I guess the 24 hour rule won't work. I was just making the suggestion to speed thigns up so that the game ends sometime in my lifetime. :p

Return to “Other Film Discussions”