Modern Actors in Hitchcock Movies

kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

I wonder how many people on this board enjoyed the idea of Marion Cotillard being stabbed repeatedly after what happened Sunday night :p

The image of Seth Rogen playing any part Cary Grant played is funny.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

OscarGuy wrote:
Hustler wrote:
Mike Kelly wrote:Renee Zellweger looks a little bit like Lana Turner in her Imitation of Life cover pose.

She doesn´t even look like Renee Zelleweger.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it.
She looks like Kim Novak.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Hustler wrote:
Mike Kelly wrote:Renee Zellweger looks a little bit like Lana Turner in her Imitation of Life cover pose.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Mike Kelly
Temp

Post by Mike Kelly »

Renee Zellweger looks a little bit like Lana Turner in her Imitation of Life cover pose.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I must say though, these are great photos.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

There should be no more remakes of any film unless there is good talent behind it or is an adaptation more along the lines of The Departed. Even then, there should considerably less remakes, sequels, and prequels.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:I would love to see Strangers on a Train, The Birds and Lifeboat as they envision it...

You should try and track down the magazine. It's a great spread. Emile Hirsh and James McAvoy do Strangers on a Train, Jodie Foster does The Birds and Lifeboat is made up of Tang Wei, Josh Brolin, Eva Marie Saint, Ben Foster, Casey Affleck and Julie Christie among others.

One of my favorites is the Keira Knightley/Jennifer Jason Leigh tribute to Rebecca.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded a homoerotically-charged Channing Tatum/James Marsden nod to Rope.

Edited By flipp525 on 1204132379
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Wow. Those are some phenomenal images. Although, I really don't like the Seth Rogen/North by Northwest one, but damn...I would love to see Strangers on a Train, The Birds and Lifeboat as they envision it...

There is another Hitchcock remake coming. I just can't remember which film. I thought it was The Birds with Naomi Watts, but I may not be remembering correctly.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mike Kelly
Temp

Post by Mike Kelly »

I feel confident that everyone here would hope that there are no more remakes of Hitchcock's films. Nevertheless, here's a look at some current actors and actresses in Hitchcock film roles through the magic of photshop.:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture....slide=1

Return to “Other Film Discussions”