Relationship Question

Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Sometimes you have to put things in unconventional places dude. That's also my relationship advice to you.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

if that were indeed the case, the thread would have been posted in the off-topic area, not in the film forum.

and thanks for the data.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Damien wrote:
Cinemanolis wrote:Wes,by just reading the thread's title, for a moment i thought you would ask for advice for your personal relationships. lol

I thought the same thing, LOL.
So did I! I was all prepared to respond teasingly with "Spend. Less. Time. On. This. Site. Dude." :D
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Cinemanolis wrote:Wes,by just reading the thread's title, for a moment i thought you would ask for advice for your personal relationships. lol

I thought the same thing, LOL.

I knew Marjorie and Spring were lesbians, but I had never heard they were lovers. Marjorie was clearly the butch one.

Edited By Damien on 1203722877
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Wes,by just reading the thread's title, for a moment i thought you would ask for advice for your personal relationships. lol
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

There's an entry in Wikipedia that sights several publications saying they were lesbians. I think that might help, unless I misread your question.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

"Longtime companion" is a common euphemism for gay lover. Spring Byington and Marjorie Main were lesbians.

Edited By flipp525 on 1203715510
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm working on my database of Oscar winners to include birthdates, deathdates, birthplaces, etc...well in the relationship section, I've been going largely with actual married couples, but in certain situations (Sarandon/Robbins), I've been putting SO. I came across this in the bio for Spring Byington. I ask only because older women often have companions though not in a romantic relationship. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Longtime companion of actress Marjorie Main.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Film Discussions”