1978 Harvard Lampoon Movie Worst Awards

1895-1999

What was the worst movie of 1978 you've seen from Harvard Lampoon's list of the year's worst?

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
14%
Rabbit Test
No votes
Interiors
No votes
Superman
14%
Foul Play
No votes
Up in Smoke
No votes
F.I.S.T.
No votes
Magic
No votes
Ice Castles
57%
Same Time, Next Year
14%

Total votes: 7

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: 1978 Harvard Lampoon Movie Worst Awards

Post by Big Magilla »

I've never seen the critically drubbed Sgt. Pepper and Rabbit Test. I kind of remember seeing Ice Castles and Up in Smoke and being bored by them. I do remember sitting through F.I.S.T. which was also a bit of a bore but have fond memories of Foul Play as well as Interiors and Superman which were among the year's best films.

That leaves Same Time, Next Year which isn't that bad, but isn't all that good either. It reluctantly gets my vote.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

1978 Harvard Lampoon Movie Worst Awards

Post by Big Magilla »

Individual Awards:

Kirk Douglas Award for Worst Actor:
Warren Beatty, Heaven Can Wait's triple threat (writer/director/idiot Ken doll impersonator)
Natalie Wood Award for Worst Actress: We couldn't decide whether to give it to Jane Fonda for Coming Home, Jane Fonda for Comes a Horseman, or Jane Fonda for Come the China Syndrome. So we decided to give it to you, Jane, just for being you.
The Trinitron Memorial(for the most ungraceful transition from small screen to big: : Farrah Fawcett-Majors, Somebody Killed Her Husband.
The Merino Award: Meryno Streep, The Deer Hunter

Return to “The First Century”