Lost Films Re-Discovered

1895-1999
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

criddic3 wrote:RKO Classics

I was unaware that James Cromwell's father was a prominent director in the 1930's and 1940's. I had heard the name John Cromwell, but never made the connection.
His masterpiece was Caged, the ultimate women's prison picture. John Cromwell also acted occasionally, perhaps most prominently and memorably as the Bishop in Robert Altman's A Wedding.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

criddic3 wrote:I was unaware that James Cromwell's father was a prominent director in the 1930's and 1940's. I had heard the name John Cromwell, but never made the connection.
John Cromwell even appeared in some Altman films in the late 70's, 3 Women & A Wedding. James looks alot like his father.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

RKO Classics

I was unaware that James Cromwell's father was a prominent director in the 1930's and 1940's. I had heard the name John Cromwell, but never made the connection.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021

Return to “The First Century”