Freeway

1895-1999
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

A wonderfully trashy film. I agree Reese was at her best here!
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Great film that I saw again a few years ago that still holds up well. I never thought it was trashy at the time (unlike the terrible sequel). It's a shame that Reese Witherspoon has gone so mainstream. I wish she would get back to making this sort of stuff. Sutherland, Brooke Shields & Amanda Plummer are also excellent in the film.

You should check out Matthew Brights totally bizzare Tiptoes. It's miles away from Freeway but it's a one of a kind.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Has anybody out here seen 'Freeway'? It's pretty fantastic. Just a hilariously trashy movie. It's one of Reese Witherspoon's most interesting performances. She knows exactly how to deliver every one of her white trash lines: "Do you wanna get shot a whole buncha times?!" As far as road movies go, it keeps itself consistently interesting on a very minimal budget. It also has an absolutely hilarious performance by Brittany Murphy, who I maintain is one of the most underrated actors alive.

It used to be a guilty pleasure of mine for a few years, but now I don't think there anything to be guilty about. Am alone on this one?

Edited By Sabin on 1171250575
"How's the despair?"

Return to “The First Century”