I found a new site for Oscars =)

mojoe92
Graduate

Re: I found a new site for Oscars =)

Post by mojoe92 »

ksrymy wrote:
mojoe92 wrote:Love that Jacki Weaver leads in not only 2010 but also over everyone but Anne Hathaway in 2013, makes me feel less crazy with how I think she should have won both years that others also feel the same way
We all know that she was dead last on the ballots in each year.
What are you trying to say?
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

mojoe92 wrote:Love that Jacki Weaver leads in not only 2010 but also over everyone but Anne Hathaway in 2013, makes me feel less crazy with how I think she should have won both years that others also feel the same way
We all know that she was dead last on the ballots in each year.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
mojoe92
Graduate

Post by mojoe92 »

I've never seen it until today. I find some of the results baffling

Sally Kellerman winning over Karen Black

Margaret Avery winning over contenders like Meg Tilly and Amy Madigan

just to name a few.

Love that Jacki Weaver leads in not only 2010 but also over everyone but Anne Hathaway in 2013, makes me feel less crazy with how I think she should have won both years that others also feel the same way
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

This is a site that has been around for some time. It tends to skewer older. Could they be reflective of Oscar voters? Hmmm, 12 Years a Slave leads the vote for Best Picture, followed by Philomena, Her and Gravity in that order with Cuaron winning for Best Director; Mathew McConaughey, Cate Blanchett, Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o winning the acting awards.
mojoe92
Graduate

I found a new site for Oscars =)

Post by mojoe92 »

So this is not a database like this one here, where we can speak about our voting/ thoughts. This one is set up for just voting like we were members of the Academy.

Some of the results are truly shocking, also I noticed everyone on this site has major hard-ons for Glenn Close ( for example, her Albert Nobbs performance is miles away with votes compared to someone more worthy like Rooney Mara)

check it out

http://www.littlegoldenguy.com/LogIn.asp?uid=0

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”