9%
Michael Scorsese - Hugo
3%

Total votes: 35

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Test Poll for Best Picture and Director 2011

Post by Big Magilla »

OscarGuy wrote:It will be easy to tell regardless...If the films have more votes than the directors, you'll know there's hanky panky going on...and not the fun kind.
Not necessarily. There may be a couple of people who will want to cast a vote for Best Picture, but not Best Director or vice versa or someone who simply makes a mistake.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I dig this.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It will be easy to tell regardless...If the films have more votes than the directors, you'll know there's hanky panky going on...and not the fun kind.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

I think we just have to trust that people are going to play by the rules (vote for one film & one director), and remember that even in the other polls, it was possible to stack the deck by creating additional usernames. So if that's someone's M.O., they'll find a way to do it regardless.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Cinemanolis wrote:Voted for War Horse and Payne for the test's purposes. Still if you can vote for 2 films or 2 directors this will start to get complicated. BTW has anyone tried to vote twice for the same film? Can somebody who only casts one vote, come back and give his second vote to the same film/director? Just wondering.
I don't think so, but someone should test that.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Voted for War Horse and Payne for the test's purposes. Still if you can vote for 2 films or 2 directors this will start to get complicated. BTW has anyone tried to vote twice for the same film? Can somebody who only casts one vote, come back and give his second vote to the same film/director? Just wondering.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

FilmFan720 wrote:It worked for me, although I voted for two films just to see what happened...it didn't stop me from doing that, FYI.

I'd still rather have 2 separate threads.
I know, it's not perfect. We also have the option to allow people to change their votes but keeping up with that kind of voting could drive us nuts.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

It worked for me, although I voted for two films just to see what happened...it didn't stop me from doing that, FYI.

I'd still rather have 2 separate threads.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Test Poll for Best Picture and Director 2011

Post by Big Magilla »

This is a test poll for the upcoming Best Picture and Director polling to determine if one combined poll with seprate votesin each category will work.

Since this is a test, results will not count.

For the record, I voted for Extremely Loud & Increidbly close for Best Picture and Terrence Malick for Best Director for test purposes only.

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”