Happy Oscar Night!

mlrg
Associate

Re: Happy Oscar Night!

Post by mlrg »

Precious Doll wrote:This is the first time I am actually watching the Oscars since Silence of the Lambs swept the major awards. I missed most of Billy Crystals introduction though as I didn't make in home in time.
That show was the first one I saw live, exactly 20 years ago. Never missed one live broadcast since.... (meaning that I go to bed on oscar night at 5am ever since....)
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

I like how casual it is as opposed to the pretense they've tried to hold it in in the past few years.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Thank you. I didn't think so.

I will say this about this year's broadcast. It's at least moving along at a nice clip.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

Sonic Youth wrote:Is anybody else noticing an annoying microphone glitch throughout much of the program? It sounds like a bright, scraping noise whenver anyone says anything or breathes into the mic. I don't know if it's my television or the broadcast, but it's very annoying. Does anyone else hear this?
You're not the only one.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Is anybody else noticing an annoying microphone glitch throughout much of the program? It sounds like a bright, scraping noise whenver anyone says anything or breathes into the mic. I don't know if it's my television or the broadcast, but it's very annoying. Does anyone else hear this?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I never thought I'd find myself missing Hathaway & Franco.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

This is the first time I am actually watching the Oscars since Silence of the Lambs swept the major awards. I missed most of Billy Crystals introduction though as I didn't make in home in time.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

This is my first Oscar night with you guys, and I would just like to express my thanks to all of you for being so accepting of me (even if I am the token person here rooting for The Artist and hating on The Tree of Life).
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Happy Oscar Night!

Post by Sonic Youth »

The night everyone looks forward to and few enjoy has finally arrived. Regardless of who wins and regardless of how bad the show may be, I hope you all have lots of fun this evening (or morning, depending on where you live). It's a pleasure to know you all, some for 10 years, and celebrate this yearly ritual with you, my friends.

And, as always, thank you to Wes for providing this forum and giving us the opportunity to have met each other through your site. You rock!

I'd like to dedicate this Oscar broadcast to Damien Bona if I may. He will be greatly missed tonight.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”