Academy Invites 178

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: Academy Invites 178

Post by OscarGuy »

Maybe she was one of those invitees in past years that kept refusing and this new method was meant to shame them into joining?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Academy Invites 178

Post by Reza »

I'm really surprised it took them so long to invite Nastassja Kinski. One would imagine she would have been a member since the 1980s when she was a ''name'' in Hollywood. Who remembers her now especially since she hardly appears in anything worthwhile.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: New Academy Members

Post by Mister Tee »

anonymous1980 wrote:There are a couple of names here where I go, "Really?" or "They weren't members before?"
That always seems to happen. Nastassia Kinski was the one that really made me go "Now? Not 30 years ago?"
anonymous1980
Laureate

New Academy Members

Post by anonymous1980 »

There are a couple of names here where I go, "Really?" or "They weren't members before?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Academy Invites 178

Post by OscarGuy »

Wow do the names in the actors branch suck.

There are some excellent ones (Peter Dinklage, Robbie Coltrane, Ellen Page), but there are some real disappointing selections (Gerard Butler, Mila Kunis, Russell Brand, Beyonce).

Just follow the link to my article listing them.

Academy Invites 178 to Become Members
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”