Total votes: 13

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Poll results:

Two per week through 2010 - 5 votes
Two per week through 1965, then one per week through 2010 - 1 vote
One per week through 2010 - 1 vote

It should be noted that I abstained from the voting, although I was prepared to break a tie if necessary. Happily it isn't.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I think there's nothing wrong with discussing multiple years simultaneously. The only problem I see with that is if people have very little time, wish to revisit and so forth. For me, I don't really participate much in the polls because my exposure to the nominees is very minimal, especially in Supporting Actress. As it gets closer to the '90s, I tend to participate more, but not always.

For me, I don't care the timing as I'm not likely to have the time to re-visit or catch those I've missed because I currently have three projects going that require me to catch up on various movies, tv series and so forth, so my Netflix queue is once again packed and sadly, I'm still not getting paid much for it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

I dont think there should be a rule. When you feel that the discussion has died (or, and this could happen in the most recent years, that we have been there too often already) you should start with a new poll.

Two per week is probably the best solution, from what I see.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

We are currently running polls on Oscar wins. Jowy_Jillia began these polls in the Best Actress category and I am continuing them in the Supporting Actress category, which he planned to do next, until such time as Jowy returns.

There have been conflicting viewpoints as to whether the polls are coming too fast or too slow. At this point I would like a consensus as to what participants feel the pace should be, so please vote.

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”