Suggestions For Future Oscar Shows

jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

I would say cut out the pointlessness. I'm refering more-so to this year where we had the sit through that terrible dance number (if history has taught the Oscars anything is that they don't work) and the completely random and stupid tribute to horror.

A good Oscar show would be to celebrate the year that has passed. Last year tried to do that, but it didn't quite work. Have all the presenters be the stars of their respective nominated films... What would be perfect would be for the producers to shift the start time of the show up a few hours and hire an more risqué host - I'll champion Billy Connelly til he dies.

To make a great show the AMPAS has to take their head out of their arse and stop kissing the arse of Hollywood...

Or what they could do is just enlist all of us to both vote for and present the whole thing as one of our members suggested a few years ago..........

Edited By jack on 1268787288
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I think #5 would be a nifty idea, but it won't happen.

Instead, how about something like this: Get a bunch of Hollywood celebrities on film talking about what they love about the nominees and then work them together? Or, just show a clip from the movie and drop the banter.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Greg wrote:1: Don't waste time with entrances for presenters and rotate from three or so podia at different places on the stage where the presenters would be standing the moment they are announced.

5: Each of the nominted films will be introduced by the winner of an online short essay contest where the winner will speak what he/she wrote before the showing of the film clip.
1. Won't ever happen. Years ago I read that much of that dead-air time is so viewers can do what so many of them watch the Oscar for: eyeball the gowns.

2. And then have America call in and vote for its favorite. The transition to American Idol will be well underway!
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Here are some ideas that I think would improve future Oscar shows:

1: Don't waste time with entrances for presenters and rotate from three or so podia at different places on the stage where the presenters would be standing the moment they are announced.

2: Have film clips for all nominees in all categories, except for the directors.

3: Because the directors are the only ones where you could not come up with a relevant clip, this will be the one category where a different individual will speak about each nominee, relating an anecdote about the director and the making of the film.

4: Cut in half the number of emcee jokes.

5: Each of the nominted films will be introduced by the winner of an online short essay contest where the winner will speak what he/she wrote before the showing of the film clip.

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”