CinemaSight's Favorite Oscar Moments

anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Some excellent picks there.

I for one also loved Dolly Parton's "Travelin' Thru" performance. A testament to her talent is that she had absolutely NOTHING behind her: No onstage band, no onstage background singers, no onstage background dancers or even an elaborate set (a stark contrast to that ridiculous "In the Deep" performance). Yet despite all that, she got the entire audience to clap with her.

The Woody Allen Oscar moment is also pretty incredible. When Whoopi was doing the intro, Woody was the first name in my head but I immediately nixed that and thought she was introducing Martin Scorsese. In fact, even after she said "Woody Allen", I did not believe it until I saw him walk out, I had to double-check to make sure it was really him.

Edited By anonymous on 1266767186
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

In addition to our category-by-category coverage, we're also profiling some of our favorite Oscar Moments. Peter, Tripp and I are running down memory lane. They are not being presented in order of preference, but in random order.

Our first presentation is below:

Greatest Oscar Moments, Part I
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”