Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Hd Reporter 2/15/2010

Barbara Walters to end Oscars special

Finale to include guests Sandra Bullock and Mo'Nique
By James Hibberd

Feb 15, 2010, 01:09 PM ET
Barbara Walters is ending her annual Oscar night celebrity interview special.

The veteran newswoman announced on "The View" that this will be the last year she does the ABC special, which has become an Oscar night tradition.

"ABC has asked me to keep doing these specials as they have been so successful -- and I'm thrilled we have such great stars and have such a wonderful show -- but to be honest, I feel like I've 'been there, done that,'" Walters said.

The news comes shortly after ABC announced the return of Oprah Winfrey's Oscar special, an annual event which started in 2007. The Oprah special airs the week before the Oscars, on March 3rd.

Walters' final Oscar night guests will include nominees Sandra Bullock and Mo'Nique. Walters will continue her other annual ABC News special -- "The 10 Most Fascinating People," as well as additional ABC News specials.

"This special has been a labor of love for 29 years," Walters said. "I will always remember when Hugh Jackman gave me a private lap dance or sitting down with the legendary Bette Davis or being taught to tango by Al Pacino. It's those priceless moments that have made this special the Oscar tradition that it has become, but I truly feel enough is enough."

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”