More Facts

Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

As far as I know Piper Laurie holds the record for the longest break between two consecutive Oscar nominations for two consecutive performances (The Hustler, 1963 & Carrie, 1976) of 13 years.

Is there anyone with a longer break between two Oscar nominated performances who had no film roles between them?
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I don't know. That's all I'm saying. I corrected my list.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Local time? She died in Paris the morning of her birthday.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I have no idea. I know what I copied down from the site...and I copied it down as 8/30...I mean, I could have typo'd, but it's also possible they had it wrong (local time in GMT or something)...who knows.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

OscarGuy wrote:Someone went in and changed the date because the original date imdb listed was 8/30...now they've changed it to 8/29...wth?
Are you sure? That's extremely odd because I remember waking up to the news on my clock radio that she had died on her birthday so it's not like it was originally given out that she died the next day and it was later corrected.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Someone went in and changed the date because the original date imdb listed was 8/30...now they've changed it to 8/29...wth?
Wesley Lovell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

It occurred that if the winners were to be Rourke, Streep, Ledger and Cruz, NONE of the acting winners were in Best Picture nominees.

How many times in Oscar history has this happened?

I can only think of one:

Nicolas Cage, Leaving Las Vegas
Susan Sarandon, Dead Man Walking
Mira Sorvino, Mighty Aphrodite
Kevin Spacey, The Usual Suspects
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Are you only looking at nominees and not winners? The great Ingrid Bergman died on her 67th birthday, August 29, 1982.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Only 6 Oscar nominees in history died on the same date they were born:

Maggie McNamara (2/18)
Harry Sukman (12/2)
Arthur Lonergan (1/23)
Ann Ronell (12/25)
Edna May Oliver (11/9)
Achmed Abdullah (5/12)
Ingrid Bergman (8/29)

Edited By OscarGuy on 1235153702
Wesley Lovell

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”