Adjunct

Re: A quiz to shake post Oscar blues away

Post by Uri »

Bravo.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Estelle Parsons (Beatty again) and Cate Blanchett (Scorsese has a cameo).
Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

I forgot about Grant, but one of mine is very, very close to her. The other one is harder - her "costar performance" is a Hitchcock-like cameo. And at first I intuitively yet erroneously was thinking about Dench/Affleck.

The reverse ones also include Mira Sorvino.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Lee Grant for sure. Dianne Wiest in reverse (Woody Allen's win came earlier). Ditto Tilda Swinton in reverse (Sydney Pollack's win came earlier).
Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

This was quick! Yes, this indeed was my intention. Now - can you name the other two (as far as I know) actresses who fit the bill?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Uri wrote:Three consecutive winners in the same acting category had a co-cast member, in the film they won for, who would go on to win an Oscar in a non-acting category (all three co-actors won in the same category). Name all six actors and the categories they won in.

Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but it is a correct answer to the question as stated. :)

Supporting Actresses Maureen Stapleton, Jessica Lange and Linda Hunt - directors Warren Beatty (who won for the same film as Stapleton later in the same evening), Sydney Pollack and Mel Gibson.
Uri
Adjunct

A quiz to shake post Oscar blues away

Post by Uri »

Three consecutive winners in the same acting category had a co-cast member, in the film they won for, who would go on to win an Oscar in a non-acting category (all three co-actors won in the same category). Name all six actors and the categories they won in.

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”