Oscar Statistics

Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: Oscar Statistics

Postby Precious Doll » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:28 am

Release dates of nominations & winners in the major categories over the years would be interesting so see when the trend for late release nominations and winners occur.
"I have no interest in all of that. I find that all tabloid stupidity" Woody Allen, The Guardian, 2014, in response to his adopted daughter's allegations.

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Okri wrote:a) Correlation between best picture winners and other oscar categories (nominated, winner)

That could also include correlation change over time, e.g. recently the category most closely linked to Best Picture has shifted from Director to Screenplay.
"Wall Street is not the solution to our problem. Wall Street is the problem!"

Ronald Reagan, corrected

Okri
Tenured

Postby Okri » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 pm

a) Correlation between best picture winners and other oscar categories (nominated, winner)

b) Budget/gross of best picture winners (something I myself am tempted to do)/

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Oscar Statistics

Postby OscarGuy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:26 am

I am contemplating a new weekly feature (possibly monthly, depending on inspiration) on my site called Oscar Statistics where I look at various data points associated with the Oscars. Facts and figures can be interesting, obviously. While I have my first few ideas set out in my head, I'm curious what types of stats fellow Oscar enthusiasts would be most interested in seeing. Leave a comment with a suggestion or send me a private message. Either way works.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”