2020 Potential Best Actor Nominees

For the films of 2020

Who do want to say receive Best Actor nominations?

Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
19%
Kingsley Ben-Adir, One Night in Miami
9%
Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
17%
Tom Hanks, News of the World
No votes
Anthony Hopkins, The Father
13%
Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
13%
Mads Mikkelsen, Another Round
8%
Gary Oldman, Mank
5%
Tahar Rahim, The Mauritanian
9%
Steven Yeun, Minari
8%

Total votes: 64

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Re: 2020 Potential Best Actor Nominees

Post by Reza »

rolotomasi99 wrote:Apparently it is Vinterberg without Mikkelsen. :shock:
Which is pretty weird. I like the idea of Vinterberg's nod but if anyone from Another Round deserved a nod it was Mads Mikkelsen. Truly outstanding and I think easily better than Steven Yeun on the list who I thought was so meh in the film. But Minari, like Promising Young Woman, was part of the 2020 zeitgeist so it was I suppose but natural that the lead actor would make the list.

Pretty disappointing nods in that they stuck to the usual suspects being predicted all over except for the surprise inclusions of Stanfield and Vinterberg.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Reza wrote:
rolotomasi99 wrote:
Reza wrote:I think there is going to be a surprise nominee in either the best actor, best actress or best director category. Candidates that figure in the lower half of the top 10 choices. Usually the Academy likes to throw in one in the director category
If we are talking a nominee not seriously on anyone's radar, I would say ANOTHER ROUND in the Director category. I have not seen the film myself, but people sure seem to love it. Also, while Thomas Vinterberg is not particularly famous, he probably has enough admirers among his peers to breakthrough the more mainstream choices everyone is predicting (including myself). Pretty unlikely, but I still feel like it could happen. We shall see soon enough.
If it's Vinterberg then Mads Mikkelsen will also get in. Not one without the other.
Apparently it is Vinterberg without Mikkelsen. :shock:
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

rolotomasi99 wrote:
Reza wrote:I think there is going to be a surprise nominee in either the best actor, best actress or best director category. Candidates that figure in the lower half of the top 10 choices. Usually the Academy likes to throw in one in the director category
If we are talking a nominee not seriously on anyone's radar, I would say ANOTHER ROUND in the Director category. I have not seen the film myself, but people sure seem to love it. Also, while Thomas Vinterberg is not particularly famous, he probably has enough admirers among his peers to breakthrough the more mainstream choices everyone is predicting (including myself). Pretty unlikely, but I still feel like it could happen. We shall see soon enough.
If it's Vinterberg then Mads Mikkelsen will also get in. Not one without the other.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

I think there is going to be a surprise nominee in either the best actor, best actress or best director category. Candidates that figure in the lower half of the top 10 choices. Usually the Academy likes to throw in one in the director category
Big Magilla
Site Admin

2020 Potential Best Actor Nominees

Post by Big Magilla »

Let's try another one. Hopefully, I'll get this one right and not leave out any of the most likely contenders.

Pick five. If you make a mistake or change your mind you can delete however many checkmarks you've made as you want and replace them.

If you have a choice other than those listed, vote for fewer than five and give us the names of your write-ins in the comments.

Return to “93rd Academy Awards”