GG: Best Supporting Actor

For the films of 2020
Sabin
Tenured Laureate

Re: GG: Best Supporting Actor

Postby Sabin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 pm

OscarGuy wrote
I feel bad for Leslie Odom Jr. who was, I think, the clear frontrunner until Judas came out.

I thought Sasha Baron Cohen was going to win up until this evening.

I don't feel bad for Leslie Odom, Jr. because I still think he has a good shot at Best Original Song, and because Kingsley Ben-Adir is to me so clearly the standout performance in the film.
"Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough." ~ FDR

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Postby OscarGuy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:11 pm

I feel bad for Leslie Odom Jr. who was, I think, the clear frontrunner until Judas came out.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Sabin
Tenured Laureate

Postby Sabin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:45 pm

mlrg wrote
I think Kaluuya is the clear front runner for the Oscar.

Yep. Which probably bodes well for Judas and the Black Messiah as well.
"Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough." ~ FDR

mlrg
Adjunct

Postby mlrg » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:29 pm

Sabin wrote:I did it! I swore I wasn't going to mess with my ballot before the night started and I did and I lost a category.

The Golden Globes have forecasted Best Supporting Actor 8 of the last 10 times. The two they missed were Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Sylvester Stallone, both of whom were not nominated for a SAG award. This is very good news for Daniel Kaluuya who was.

I think Kaluuya is the clear front runner for the Oscar.

Sabin
Tenured Laureate

Postby Sabin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:17 pm

I did it! I swore I wasn't going to mess with my ballot before the night started and I did and I lost a category.

The Golden Globes have forecasted Best Supporting Actor 8 of the last 10 times. The two they missed were Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Sylvester Stallone, both of whom were not nominated for a SAG award. This is very good news for Daniel Kaluuya who was.

Jefforey Smith
Graduate

Postby Jefforey Smith » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm

The Jared Leto winning a la Aaron Taylor-Johnson scenario did not play out.

OscarGuy
Site Admin

GG: Best Supporting Actor

Postby OscarGuy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Daniel Kaluuya - Judas and the Black Messiah
Wesley Lovell

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “93rd Academy Awards”