2021 AFI Lifetime Achievement Award

For the films of 2020
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: 2021 AFI Lifetime Achievement Award

Post by Big Magilla »

Carol Burnett would be a good one to bring out but she hasn't got the stamina to play host. Who would they get for that? Anne Hathaway or one of the actors from the current Netflix hit, Bridgerton, which Andrews narrates, would be my guess.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Andrews did TV work with Carol Burnett decades ago, and, the two of them are supposedly good friends. They could bring Burnett out as the queen character she played on her variety show.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Not only are most of them dead, the majority of them have been dead for some time, but Dick Van Dyke, if he's still kicking when they do the actual presentation, will almost certainly have something to say, as will Anne Hathaway.

Glynis Johns, who is still with us, could well make an appearance via Zoom, as could Ann-Margret, Lesley Ann Warren, Hugh Grant and Colin Firth among others.

Andrews is such and icon that anyone in show business could talk about the effect her films have had on her or him.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

2021 AFI Lifetime Achievement Award

Post by Reza »

The award goes to Dame Julie Andrews this year.

I was wondering who, from Andrews' past career association, will get to speak about her. With Christopher Plummer's recent death only Dick Van Dyke is still alive out of all her subsequent leading men. I checked and was surprised that all her leading men or prominent female co-stars are now dead - James Garner, Plummer, Paul Newman, Richard Harris, Max von Sydow, Mary Tyler Moore, Rock Hudson, Omar Sharif, Dudley Moore, Walter Matthau, Robert Preston, Burt Reynolds, Jack Lemmon, Alan Bates and Marcello Mastroianni.

Anne Hathaway, another co-star from the latter part of her career, will probably speak.

Return to “93rd Academy Awards”