92nd Oscars: Documentary Feature

For the films of 2019
dws1982
Emeritus

Re: 92nd Oscars: Documentary Feature

Post by dws1982 »

A Lion in the House, Bognar and Reichert's Emmy-winning 2006 film, will be available to stream on Netflix starting Tuesday, November 10. I was hoping that the awards for American Factory would bring attention to this film.

This documentary follows several families through the ups and downs of childhood cancer over several years. It is nearly four hours long, it is almost unbearably sad at times, but it is easily one of the greatest documentaries ever made, in my opinion. It hasn't been a very easy movie to watch for several years, but take advantage of this opportunity. Watch it in segments if you need to. A must-see.
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

I thought she was making some kind of statement with the haircut, no idea about the cancer! A worthy win for a great documentary.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Hard to be upset about this win, given that Julia Reichert was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I hope this win allows some of her earlier work to get a wider audience, especially A Lion in the House, one of the greatest documentaries ever made.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

92nd Oscars: Documentary Feature

Post by OscarGuy »

American Factory
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “92nd Academy Awards”