Mister Tee
Laureate

Re: Lady Bird reviews

Postby Mister Tee » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:07 am

Sabin
Laureate

Re: Lady Bird reviews

Postby Sabin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:15 pm

When I hear about actors directing their first features, my inevitable first thought is "Why?" Truly, why does Ben Affleck need to direct a Dennis Lehane novel? What's he getting out of it? But when I heard about Greta Gerwig directing a film, my first thought was "Why not?" She's co-written two already with Noah Baumbach and those films bear her stamp as much as his. I'm looking forward to this one.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Mister Tee
Laureate

Lady Bird reviews

Postby Mister Tee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:10 pm

This is a place holder for Greta Gerwig's directorial debut, which has been quite well-received by those who've seen it. But, as noted in the Hostiles thread, that group doesn't yet include the trades, whose critics opted for more high-profile titles in a very crowded screening schedule.

Both Saoirse Ronan and Laurie Metcalf are being especially touted for this film, legit reviews for which I'll post as they become available.

Return to “2017”