USC Scripter Nominations

The Original BJ
Emeritus

Re: USC Scripter Nominations

Post by The Original BJ »

Call Me By Your Name wins, to the surprise of probably no one.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: USC Scripter Nominations

Post by Mister Tee »

I've got to get a little quicker on the draw, here. Swear to god, about two days ago, The Lost City of Z struck me as a possible for adapted screenplay, and I was going to spring it in a larger post. It would be an excellent chance to reward Gray for an honorable if not (to me) thrilling career.

Interesting how the two screenplay categories have divided this year: in this one, we're contemplating which film or films will be lucky enough to grab what amounts to a free spot; on the original side, we're wondering which marginal candidates (I,Tonya; Phantom Thread; Shape of Water; The Big Sick) will be so unlucky as to miss a spot they'd nab in any other year.

Hard to imagine Call Me by Your Name losing here, unless Mudbound becomes some kind of cause celebre.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

USC Scripter Nominations

Post by The Original BJ »

Call Me By Your Name
The Disaster Artist
Logan
The Lost City of Z
Molly’s Game
Mudbound
Wonder Woman

Apparently ties resulted in virtually the entire Adapted Screenplay field being included. This is the first mention for The Lost City of Z anywhere this season — might it still have a fighting chance to top the superhero films on Oscar nom morning?

Return to “90th Predictions and Precursors”