USC Scripter Nominees

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Re: USC Scripter Nominees

Post by Reza »

Sabin wrote:The USC Scripter nominations have never lined up with the eventual nominees. Well, okay, to be fair in 2012 they nominated six screenplays and the Academy chose five of them. I think Fences is vulnerable because it really seems like they just filmed the play.
....but the late August Wilson is credited for the screenplay so they might want to nominate him.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

The USC Scripter nominations have never lined up with the eventual nominees. Well, okay, to be fair in 2012 they nominated six screenplays and the Academy chose five of them. I think Fences is vulnerable because it really seems like they just filmed the play.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

There you have your five Oscar nominees. I find it very hard to believe this won't be the list. USC is the single best predictor of Adapted Screenplay out there.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

USC Scripter Nominees

Post by Mister Tee »

Eric Heisserer/Arrival, adapted from the novella “Story of Your Life” by Ted Chiang

August Wilson/Fences, play and screenplay

Allison Schroeder and Theodore Melfi/Hidden Figures, based on the nonfiction book by Margot Lee Shetterly

Luke Davies/Lion, adapted from the nonfiction book “A Long Way Home” by Saroo Brierley

Barry Jenkins/Moonlight, adapted from “In Moonlight Black Boys Look Blue,” by Tarell Alvin McCraney

Return to “89th Predictions and Precursors”