Best Live-Action Short Film

For the films of 2015
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: Best Live-Action Short Film

Post by OscarGuy »

My problem is listening to others on these. My original predictions in two of the three categories won. I just kept hearing people saying that A Girl in the River was too dark and that Chau was the only positive-leaning film or that people liked Stutterer, but that they wanted something a bit more compelling/meaningful. With World of Tomorrow, I honestly thought it's compelling commentary would be an easy winner, but I forgot that the Academy's voters don't really like to think beyond binary or simple subjects.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Heksagon wrote:I didn't predict a single Short Film correctly. Ouch. I guess I should try seeing some of these nominees next year, also.
I didn't watch any of them and managed to pick all 3 of them. It's not the first time they I have picked all 3 either. I seem to have some kind of knack with these categories. Shame it wouldn't spread to all the others.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

I didn't predict a single Short Film correctly. Ouch. I guess I should try seeing some of these nominees next year, also.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Best Live-Action Short Film

Post by OscarGuy »

Stutterer
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “88th Nominations and Winners”