Make-up Finalists

For the films of 2015
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: Make-up Finalists

Post by Precious Doll »

Reza wrote:
Precious Doll wrote:I only hope they don't nominate Black Mass & Concussion - I don't want to see them but would feel obliged to view them for Oscar completeness only.
Black Mass is actually very good with a solid performance by Depp.
Depp looks like something from a sci fi flick.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Precious Doll wrote:I only hope they don't nominate Black Mass & Concussion - I don't want to see them but would feel obliged to view them for Oscar completeness only.
Black Mass is actually very good with a solid performance by Depp.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I think Mad Max and The Revenant are the only two that are likely to be nominated. The remaining slot is between Black Mass, Mr. Holmes and The 100-Year-Old Man. Oddly, this is the least prosthetic-heavy group I've seen in awhile. I'm not quite sure why Concussion or Legend is even on this list.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

I only hope they don't nominate Black Mass & Concussion - I don't want to see them but would feel obliged to view them for Oscar completeness only.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Make-up Finalists

Post by Mister Tee »

Per Hollywood Reporter:

Seven titles have advanced in this year's Oscar race in the Makeup and Hairstyling category, the Academy said on Tuesday.

Those films are:

"Black Mass"
"Concussion"
"Legend"
"Mad Max: Fury Road"
"Mr. Holmes"
"The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared"
"The Revenant"

"The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared" is of course in a class by itself.

Return to “88th Nominations and Winners”